A blog about bicycling and other misadventures.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thankfulness ensues.

My friend Julie sent me the loveliest cycling related ornament-- making Mister extremely jealousE! It was part of an ornament exchange, and her sender also sent her the same ornament. I thought that was pretty fabulous and indicative of how cycling is prevalent in our worlds!!!

Kokopelli Cycling--



One of the best things for me about cycling has been the change in my body. I feel longer, leaner, and healthier-- even if I am bruised at times. Few people understand the metamorphosis I feel I am undergoing. I think these 2 pictures should say it all.



These were taken 4 months apart (almost to the day). I can't wait to see how I change over the next 4 months. It is nice to face your body's changes with anticipation, rather than dread-- like when your pants fit too tight after Thanksgiving dinner.


This year, I am really thankful for my bicycle, my fashion sense, my husband's encouragement, and that I am accomplishing my goals. I'm also thankful my knee surgeon did a really great job on both ACL replacements. I am thankful to the 2 people that donated their bodies so that my knees can function better than ever.

4 comments:

Osh said...

so awesome Tink!

Anonymous said...

I am really proud of your discipline and hard work! It is totally paying off.

Feisty Tourist said...

yay tink!!!

p.s. you've been tagged!

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful and happy.


-Former knottie lurker and Tinkerham fan.