A blog about bicycling and other misadventures.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Moonlight Ramble -- Tour de Donut

Me and 1500 of Houston's fine cycling denizens went out at 2am on Sat night (ok Sun morning). It was a pretty cold ride. There were a lotta folks out there not used to riding in packs. I'm not great at pack riding myself-- but I'm alright at screeching "slowing" and "stopping" appropriately. Note to you Memorial Loop folks-- uhhh it would help if you'd do it too. I was almost in a pile up on the Ramble and tonight on the Loop.

I don't wanna be in a pile up. I have enough troubles without borrowing more.

Mister and I signed up for the Sun and Ski Sports MS 150 team. I was surprised no one from the Metro bike team signed up (besides us). There are some perks to the Sun and Ski thing, so I'm hoping we'll get good support. I'm aalso hoping we can fundraise money for it. We've each committed to raising $500/each.

Sunday is the Tour de Donut . http://www.tourdedonut.com/ There is a 28 mile race that Mister is doing. For each donut he consumes, it knocks 5 minutes off his time. He can, conceivably, finish before he starts. There is also a 55 mile route. I'm not racing. I am torn on whether or not I want to attempt the 55 mile ride or not.

The farthest I've gone is maybe 30 miles in a day. I'm averaging 12.5mph-- which is still slower than I want to be. I have no idea if this route is going to be hilly or not. I'm afraid I'll do the 55 mile route, get 30 miles and then use the SAG Wagon.

I've still got a few days to think about it. I know Mister will finish wayyyyyyyy before me. He will have to patiently wait in the parking lot for me to finish.

1 comment:

Osh said...

you are so awesome and I am so proud of you!

I love Team TinkerHam!